Join us as we kick off the 9th Global Dialogue Platform on Anticipatory Humanitarian Action!
Meeting the challenges of the future, enhancing anticipatory action approaches, and creating sustainable synergies are the themes covered in this year’s Global Dialogue Platform. In the three-day event, we will be building on the iterative learning from the crises facing us today and the successes of ongoing collaborations throughout the anticipatory action network for a shock-proof future.
What is the vision for anticipatory action in 2022? How can we capitalize on the opportunities for sustained progress in the field? Our high-level panellists will be sharing these forward-looking reflections in this panel discussion. This will be a space to celebrate what is working and propose innovative ways to jointly address challenges in order to help accelerate anticipatory actions. We also tour the world and look at the takeaways from this year’s regional dialogue platforms. Let’s take a moment to reflect on what these regional perspectives mean for anticipatory action efforts on a global level.
- Qu Dongyu
, Food and Agriculture Orgainzation of the United Nations (FAO), Director-General
- Valerie Guarnieri
, United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Assistant Executive Director
- Christof Johnen
, German Red Cross, Director of International Cooperation
- Susanne Fries-Gaier,
German Federal Foreign Office, Director for Humanitarian Assistance
- Nena Stoiljkovic
, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Under-Secretary General for Global Relationships (IFRC)
- Emily Montier, Start Network, Head of Crisis Anticipation and Risk Financing
- Brian Lander, World Food Programme, Deputy Director Emergencies Operations
- Dr. Maarten Van Aalst - Director, Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
- Heli Uusikyla, United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Director for Humanitarian Financing and Resource Mobilization
- Rein Paulsen, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Director, Office of Emergencies and Resilience,