This year’s theme is ‘Scaling up and integration in disaster risk management systems’ and you can read the full concept note for the event in English and in Spanish. The main ambitions this year are to:
- promote dialogue between humanitarian, disaster risk management, scientific and strategic partners in the region
- advocate for the importance of anticipatory action and identify opportunities for its implementation
- promote the exchange of good practices and lessons learned from forecast-based financing and anticipatory action in Latin America and the Caribbean
- share progress and new initiatives on conceptualization, methodologies and tools on anticipatory action at the global and regional levels
- generate a joint work agenda for scaling up anticipatory action in the region.
We have a fantastic line-up of speakers and panelists, drawn from across the region. The main sessions will be translated from Spanish into English. And, whether you are joining us in person or virtually, we look forward to your ideas and inputs as we strive to scale up and integrate anticipatory action in disaster risk management systems in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The 4th Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Dialogue Platform is hosted by the Anticipation Hub, an initiative of the German Red Cross, the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. It is co-organized by the Guatemalan Red Cross, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Food Programme. This event is made possible through financial support from the German Federal Foreign Office.